BULAKAN, BULACAN – The National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) will open the modernized Museo ni Marcelo H. Del Pilar in Sitio Cupang, Brgy. San Nicolas, Bulakan, Bulacan on 18 March 2016 at 11:00 a.m.
Marcelo H. Del Pilar was known for his staunch opposition to Spanish oppression. He established the nationalist newspaper Diariong Tagalog in 1882 and wrote various anti-clerical pamphlets such as Cai-igat Cayo, Dasalan at Tocsohan, Kadakilaan ng Diyos, La Soberania Monacal, at La Frailocracia Filipinas. From November 1889 to its closure in November 1895, he was editor-in-chief of La Solidaridad, a bi-monthly periodical which reported the sad state of the country at the time.
The museum, which is located at the site of his birth, tells the life of Del Pilar through various artifacts, art installations and interactive displays. The museum also has an e-learning facility where students can access the NHCP’s online lessons on Philippine history.
A brief program will precede the opening of the museum, with Randolf S. David, Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of the Philippines, Diliman as guest of honor.
The NHCP is the national government agency mandated to promote and preserve Philippine historical heritage through research and publication, conservation, marking of historic sites and structures, and administration of national shrines and museums.