MANILA – The Rizal Day 2017 Inter-Agency Task Force, in cooperation with other national and local government agencies, leads the national commemoration of the 121st anniversary of the martyrdom of Dr. Jose Rizal on 30 December 2017, 7:00 a.m. at the Rizal National Monument, Rizal Park, Manila; Rizal Shrine, Calamba City, Laguna; and Rizal Shrine, Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte.
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte will spearhead the observance with an early morning flag-raising and wreath-laying ceremonies at the Rizal Monument, Rizal Park in Manila. The National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) Chair Rene Escalante, Acting Exec. Dir. Ludovico D. Badoy, AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Rey Leonardo Guerrero, and other officials from various government agencies will assist the President in the conduct of the said event.
Mayor Justin March SB. Chipeco of Calamba City; and Atty. Gabino S. Saavedra II, Provincial Prosecutor and Zamboanga del Norte Councilor, will serve as guests of honor in Rizal Shrine Calamba, Laguna and Rizal Shrine Dapitan, respectively.
Other scheduled activities at the Rizal Park, Manila are:
- “Serbisyong Handog ng Pamahalaan” (Medical, Dental, and Optical Services), at the Noli Me Tangere Garden, from 7:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.;
- Diskwento Caravan at the Senior Citizens Garden, from 7:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.;
- “Pana Ten: Ang Sampung Panata Natin,” an exhibit highlighting the 10-point agenda of the Duterte administration at the Noli Me Tangere Garden;
- “Harana Para Kay Rizal”, a night of patriotic and kundiman songs featuring the San Sebastian Chamber Singers, at the Noli Me Tangere Garden at 6:00 p.m.
- “Labs Kita Sabado”, a Filipino rock festival concert at the Rizal Park Open Air Auditorium at 6:00 p.m.
The NHCP is the national government agency mandated to promote Philippine history through its museums and publications, and preserve the nation’s historical heritage.
Please click the link for the complete list of Rizal Day Activities.