1. The National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP), through the General Appropriations Act 2020 intends to apply the sum of Php 7,000,000.00 being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for Marking of Thirty-four (34) Philippine Sites along the Route of the First Circumnavigation of the World. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
2. The National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) now calls for the submission of eligibility documents for Marking of Thirty-four (34) Philippine Sites along the Route of the First Circumnavigation of the World. Eligibility documents of interested consultants must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat on or before 27 March 2020 until 5:00 p.m. at Records Section, Ground Floor, NHCP Building, T.M. Kalaw Street Ermita, Manila. Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion.
3. Interested bidders may obtain further information from National Historical Commission of the Philippines and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
4. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders on 31 March 2020 from the address below and upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of Php 10,000.00. It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that Bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
5. The BAC shall draw up the short list of consultants from those who have submitted Expression of Interest, including the eligibility documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The short list shall consist of at least three prospective bidders who will be entitled to submit bids. The criteria and rating system for shortlisting are:
Applicable experience of consulting firm 40%
Qualification of principal and key staff who will be assigned to the project 40%
Current workload relative to capacity 20%
The minimum standard to pass is Seventy Percent (70%)
6. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the IRR of RA 9184.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
7. The Procuring Entity shall evaluate bids using the Quality-Cost Based Evaluation/Selection (QCBE/QCBS) procedure. The Procuring Entity shall indicate the weights to be allocated for the Technical and Financial Proposals. The criteria and rating system for the evaluation of bids shall be provided in the Instructions to Bidders.
8. The contract shall be completed within two hundred fifty (250) calendar days.
9. The National Historical Commission of the Philippines reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
10. For further information, please refer to:
Mona Lisa Q. Lauron
BAC, Head Secretariat
National Historical Commssion of the Philippines
T.M. Kalaw Street Ermita, Manila
Telephone number: 5335-1212
Fax number: 8536-3181
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALVIN R. ALCID
Download bidding documents here.