WHEREAS, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines Bids and Awards Committee (NHCP-BAC) invited bidders for five projects scheduled for implementation in 2020, to wit:
- Technical and Financial Proposals for the project Restoration of Various Monuments in Cebu Province
- Restoration of Santa Maria Church (Nuestra Señora de la Asuncion), Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur
- Conservation and Site Development of Old Barcelona Presidencia Ruins
- Restoration and Rehabilitation of Iloilo Customs Building (Phase 1)
- Design and Build of Nicholas Loney Monument in Muelle Loney, Iloilo City, Iloilo
WHEREAS, the national government, as a countermeasure against the continuous spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Philippines, implemented the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) and other measures which hampered the bid processes and implementation of these projects;
WHEREAS, as a result thereof, the NHCP-BAC signed Resolution No. 12 on 25 March 2020 which put the above projects on hold until further notice;
WHEREAS, as mandated by RA 11469 (Bayanihan to Heal as One Act) and DBM Circular No. 508 series of 2020, previously approved programs and projects of the NHCP were discontinued and their respective allotments reallocated and realigned to support government efforts in containing the spread of COVID 19;
WHEREAS, among the projects whose allotments reverted to the national government are above-mentioned projects;
NOW THEREFORE, upon unanimous decision and approval of the NHCP-BAC during its 27 April 2020 deliberation, be it
RESOLVED, AS IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED, that the above-mentioned projects scheduled in 2020 be discontinued.
Approved this 29th day of April 2020
Download document here.