General Trias – The National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) and the City Government of General Trias led the commemoration of Mariano Trias’ 150th birth anniversary on 12 October 2019, 9:00 a.m., at the General Mariano Trias Monument, General Trias, Cavite.
Metro Manila Development Authority Chairman Danilo Delapuz Lim was the guest of honor during the event and led the wreath-laying ceremony accompanied by Congressman Luis Ferrer IV of the 6th District of Cavite. Witnesses to the wreath-laying rites were NHCP OIC-Deputy Executive Director for Administration Alvin Alcid, Provincial Youth and Sports Development Officer Rodel Vincent Bae, General Trias Vice Mayor Maurito Centeno Sison, members of the City Council of General Trias, and the descendant of Mariano Trias, Ms. Nila Tria Sta. Maria.
Vice Mayor Maurito Centeno Sison delivered the welcome remarks. Cavite Governor Juanito Victor Remulla Jr. gave the inspirational message. Cavite Congressman Luis Ferrer IV introduced the guest of honor, MMDA Chairman Danilo Delapuz Lim who also delivered a message.
Mariano Trias Commemorative Stamp was unveiled by the Philippine Postal Corporation headed by PhilPost Director Glenn Granados and Chief Marketing to Mega-Manila Dada Marquez. A book entitled, “Biography of Mariano Trias” was presented by Cavite Historical Society President Dr. Emmanuel Calairo to the MMDA Chairman Danilo Delapuz Lim.
Mariano Trias, a native of San Francisco de Malabon (now General Trias City), was born on 12 October 1869 to Don Balbino Trias and Gabriela Trias. He was an active member of the Katipunan, assuming the name of Labong, and became the Vice President of the revolutionary government.
The NHCP is the national government agency mandated to promote and preserve Philippine History through its museums, research and publication, and preserve historical heritage through conservation and the marking of historic sites and structures.
For more information, contact the Historic Sites and Education Division at NHCP tel. nos. 335-1217 loc. 126 and 523-1019.